About Me

This blog is intended to archive all my crazy adventures in the kitchen and couponing. I have decided that this could very well be the best way to keep track of the many recipes and coupon tips I steal from others. ENJOY!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Black bean tortilla casserole (Taste of Home submitted by Sue Briski)

2 lg onions
1-1/2 C chopped green peppers
1 can (14-1/2 oz.)diced tomatoes, drained
3/4 C picante sauce
2 garlic cloves (I didn't use I just dashed with garlic salt)
2 tsp. round cumin
2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained
8 corn torillas (6 inches)
2 C (8oz) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend

Toppings:
1-1/2 C shredded lettuce
1 C chopped fresh tomatoes
1/2 C sliced ripe olives

**In a large saucepan, combine the onions, peppers, tomatoes, picanted sauce, garlic and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in beans. Spread a third of the mixture in a 13 X 9 dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four torillas and 2/3 C cheese. Repeat layers; top with remaining beans. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 mintues or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve with toppings. Also yummy with avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment